- Affinity matrix with immobilized Streptavidin by CNBr activation coupling method.
- The base matrix is a rigid, highly cross-linked beaded agarose with high chemical stability.
- The immobilized streptavidin binds biotin and biotinylated substances and can be used for affinity chromatography applications.
- The interaction between streptavidin and biotin is very strong and requires denaturating conditions for elution, which may destroy both the ligandand the sample.
- Strptavidin-Separopore® 4B is extremely useful for exploiting either the strong interactions of biotin and streptavidin or the somewhat weaker interactions of 2-iminobiotin and streptavidin.
- It can be used in the purification of antigens, where biotinylated antibodies are incubated with antigen. The biotinylated antibody-antigen complex binds to Streptavidin Separopore from which the antigen can be eluted.
Note: Separopore® is a cost-effective equivalent to Sepharose® in all of its physical properties and binding characteristics.
|Catalog No.||:||20181037-3 ( 506916 )
||Brand Name||:||bioPLUS™, Separopore®
||Shelf life||:||2 years
||Matrix||:||Separopore 4B (agarose beads, 4%)
||Matrix Activation||:||Cyanogen bromide
||Particle Size Range||:||53 -180 μm
||Binding Capacity||:||>20 μg biotin / ml drained gel
||Suspension||:||Supplied as suspension in buffered saline solution with 0.05% sodium azide.
||pH Stability||:||3 - 10
||Binding Wash Buffer||:||50 mM ammonium carbonate, 0.5 M NaCl, pH 10. Elution buffer: 50 mM ammonium acetate, 0.5 M NaCl, pH 4
||Ligand||:||Native Streptavidin (from Streptomyces avidinii)